Newsletter edition : June 3rd week
- Our first blind date experiment has been successfully executed. This experiment aims to match founders with some common ground who would benefit from knowing each other. The participants were Arundhati(Founder, Tiger54) and Shikha(Co-Founder, Beck Friends). Both their platform solutions are in the cross-border e-commerce space. According to Shikha, they had a good chat and plan to keep in touch and share contacts. Shikha mentioned that she enjoyed the connect, and that we should go ahead and plan blind dates for the rest of the founders.
- Not part of the blind date experiment, but after a stakeholder email that was sent out, Simmi Sareen(Loans4SME) offered to connect Aruna Sampige(Shecommerz) with connecting to banks and NBFCs. They had a good chat on Friday and Simmi would be facilitating those connections once the lenders are actively lending again.
- Our Open House last week had WEQ founder Dr. Rasmi Mishra share her journey building and exiting her startup, AllizHealth. AllizHealth has been acquired by Singapore based health-tech platform Symple. It is currently operating under the name Vivant and Rashmi's lockdown period ends in July. She has already co-founded a startup in the co-living space with her ex-co founders and has raised a seed round of funding for the same.
- After the Open house, she mentioned that she was open to investing in startups and told Pallavi Gupta(Espresso Labs) that they should catch up some time.
- 90-day plan for WEQ has been outlined. Link here.
- WEQ May report has been shared with AnitaB team
- After some requests from WEQ founders on the Whatsapp group, Tarusha Mittal(Oropocket)has reached out telling that she would like to share her insights on B2B marketing as well.
- Bhavjot Kaur(Clinikk) has also reached out telling that she would like to suggest an expert in B2B marketing.
- I have identified these speakers for the next Open Houses besides Tarusha- Tanvi Bhardwaj, Simmi Sareen, Lakshmi Chaudhry and Ritu Srivastava(session with Ritu got rescheduled previously)
- 1-1 calls done with Rashmi Mishra, Kopal Khanna and Shaili Chopra. Call notes here.
- Shikha Arora(MAZ Digital) is looking for a good UI/UX designer as a consultant.
- Kopal Khanna(Tape-a-Tale) could use help in understanding better how to manage company finances.
- One of the WEQ founders(Shruti Kapoor) requested for an iOS version of the app. I believe this would be the case for a lot more WEQ founders.
- Kopal can help other founders with best practices on online content strategies. The Youtube channel for Tape-a-Tale currently has 1.8M subscribers. They are working with storytellers/influencers on their platform and crafting content for brands like Zomato, Urbanladder, etc.
- Rashmi Mishra can help other founders in the network connect to Mumbai Angels and Malpani Ventures.
- Rashmi can also help other founders connect to her investor's(Amitabh Jhunjhunwala) firm for developing mobile apps and websites at very nominal costs.
- Rashmi would also like to be a sounding board for founders who are ideating.
- Work with Jibin on the iOS version of the WEQ App.
- Share the first version of baselining of other major women entrepreneur events.
- Set up and execute 5 blind dates.
- Figure out and document how to extract MCA data.
- Confirm speakers for Webinar.