Sharing the summary/ my notes from our conversation:
- Saneem graduated from NIT (Calicut) where he found his founders as well and they started by creating Manglish Keyboard to type Malayalam easily on Android Phone.
- Manglish Keyboard started as a side/ hobby project. The real use case they started working on was Elegant Surveys - Offline feedback collection mechanism.
- Their current focus is on Keyboard apps, where they have several apps on the store - focusing on transliteration.
- They started monetising Keyboard apps around sept 2017. From there for about 2 years, they had a split focus on keyboard apps and elegant surveys.
- They are a 9 member team with 4 co-founders.
- They have 10 million active users with around 30 million total users.
- Partnerships: They are looking for partnerships around transliteration/ vernacular text to speech in the B2B space.
- Company Saneem wish he founded : Stripe
- Favourite Book/ Author: Walter Isaacson
Sharing the full video below:
We've introduced I2E Podcast, you can listen to the conversation here : https://anchor.fm/i2epodcast