This week we had Ritu, (Founder, Obino) join the conversation at I2E Knowledge Series.
Sharing the summary/ my notes from our conversation:
- Ritu founded Obino (A health and weight-loss coaching application) in August 2012 and exited in September 2017 to strategic US based investors (Round Glass)
- Ritu's parents are from North India but her father is an IPS officer because of which she was born and brought up in Kerala (she calls herself a sudo malayali 😊).
- Ritu started her career as a strategic account sales manager for Wipro selling laptops and Wipro licences. Later becoming an RJ with Red FM after which she got hired by the Midday group - setup their station in Delhi, launched it and went from no. 10 to no.2 in just under 9 months.
- Then joined Airtel. She used to helm the Airtel mobile brand nationally and worked on campaigns like"har ek friend zaroori hota hein".
- She started Obino from a personal experience she had after pregnancy - difficulty in weight-loss.
Loosing weight is not rocket science! It's science. And apply to every single person with a little bit of tweaking and it will work. So, is there a way to make it much more accessible and empowering? And that's really were Obino came about.
- The partnership with Round Glass started as a strategic investment resulted in acquisition.
- She is looking at pursuing an active role in investing starting next year. She'd also like to work with some women centric startups, mentoring / help them.
- One company she wish co-founded: Google.
- Favourite book: The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
Sharing the full video below:
We've introduced I2E Podcast, you can listen to the conversation here: