Sharing the summary/ my notes from our conversation:
- Gloria runs Guardians of Dreams (Non-profit) . They mission is to increase the quality of care across shelter homes and orphanages.
- Gloria has been in the space for about 13 years now.
- She comes from a middle-class Kerala family from Kochi. Spent most of her teenage life in Saudi Arabia.
- Came to India for higher studies. She got exposed to this space when she spent time with Children in shelter homes while in College.
- Started her first organisation - MAD (Make a Difference) with her friends while in college which started as a 20 member volunteer team and grew to one of the country's largest volunteer driven network.
- She quit her Job at Google to start the non-profit.
- Guardians of Dreams is 5 years old.
- If someone is interested in supporting the efforts of GOD; there are two ways: by volunteering your time with one of their chapters or through donations.
- Their Scholastic program is focused on 16-19 year olds.The children receive 25,000 cash award ( top 50 meritorious students in Chennai, Banglore and Kochi) along work career guidance and work readiness.
- Gloria's favourite Book : The second sex
Sharing the full video below: