Sharing the summary/ my notes from our conversation:
- Aslam is an alum of TKM college of engineering (Computer Science) & worked with redhat as a consultant prior to co-founding collect.chat
- Shyjal is Aslam's co-founder at collect.chat. They started working together back in college on hackathon projects.
- Collect.chat - simple rule based chat bots that can help collect leads and feedback.
- They launched the product in product hunt to test the waters/ validate.
- They are super focused on customer success.
- They are bootstrapped still.
- They've been a two member team for a long time and their first hire was an engineer from Trivandrum and second hire is a customer success associate from Turkey. One key thing that they look at while hiring is culture fit.
- Aslam and collect.chat team are advocates of remote work. He jokingly mentioned that they were remote until March of this year which is when they decide to rent a space in kochi as their office and then covid hit!
- They have created a new product -reach.at a virtual assistant for your website.
- They are looking for partners in health care and education who could use conversational chatbots in their vertical.
- One company that Aslam wish he co-founded : Tesla
- His favourite book: The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Sharing the full video below:
We've introduced I2E Podcast, you can listen to the conversation here : https://anchor.fm/i2epodcast